brooklyn

brooklyn
read from last post to most recent post to read our story in order

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

something is desperately wrong

i was 20 weeks pregnant. we had done this 3 times before. so, i couldn't help but feel as if the ultrasound tech was spending way too much time on your sweet little head. i comforted myself for a moment that she was just being thorough. but when my unsettling glance met your dads, i knew instantly that something was wrong. something just didn't feel right. and sure enough, we were kindly asked to step out into the waiting room.

at that moment, i could feel the breaking begin, of my heart. i mean that literally. and although i don't remember, i am sure i walked into the dr.'s personal office. i found myself sitting behind his beautiful mahagoney desk squeezing brady's hand. i glanced up at cindy, my nurse. i could read her face. and then the doctor's muffled voice that "something was desperately wrong."
july 26, 2006

No comments: